I’m tired of writing polite responses to why I won’t be your “friend” on LinkedIn.
So, engineer me will list out my LinkedIn friendship rubric.
Please don’t be offended if your got this link from me via LinkedIn. If I wanted to be rude, I would have sent you a link to http://www.jasondearte.com/wp/tag/foaas/ 😉
- We work together on projects where we actually interact on a semi-regular basis
- You added me by email address instead of by people you may know.
This tells me that either you are a recruiter that bulk added me or you are a security n00b that gave LinkedIn your email password so they could mass-add everyone you know.
- You are obviously a recruiter that didn’t buy the premium subscription.
Either you’re too spammy for the recruiter accounts, or your boss is a cheap bastard.
- I don’t remember you. Sorry, it’s nothing personal. There are a lot of people that know me, but I don’t know them. I’m bad with names and socially awkward that way.
- You’re extended family or friend of a friend that knows that guy who knows me.
- I worked with you, and.. I would rather forget about that incident. But then again, you may be in #3
Have a nice day
-Jason De Arte